Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to clear Safari cache in 10.9.1

I have Safari timeouts on one (only ) website. I'm using a 2010 IMac with 10.91 on it. The tmeouts are sometimes only -- not regulary. Other browsers (Firefox and Google Chrom) never time out on that website.

I'd like to try emptyng Safari's cache. How do I do that. I used to do it by going to my user Library, Cache, and deleting com.apple.Safari.

Will that do it or do I have to use another method -- which would be what?

iMac, PPC iMac, late 2004, 10.5.8; iPad2

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 7:45 PM

2 replies

Feb 20, 2014 12:20 AM in response to Roy Vincent

You can get an Empty Cache command by using Safari - Preferences - Advanced & checking 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'.

Then, Command Option E or Develop menu - Empty Cache will work.

For just one site, I'd try removing the cache/cookies for that one using Safari - Preferences - Privacy - Cookies and other website data - Details; but it may be a server problem in any case.

how to clear Safari cache in 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.