Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revoke Mavericks Server Airport Control?

Hello,

I enabled the Airport Extreme control function on Mavericks Server as part of some testng I am doing at home before moving teh server into the office. After enabling control the server is responding as expected, but I can no longer access the device with AirPort Utility on a second computer. It is dimmed out and say that the device is not found when I click the alert icon.

How do I take back control from the Server so that I can configure my AirPort Extreme as I did before giving Server control. Part of teh issue is that the server will be leaving and goig to the office in a week or two, and I dont want to be stuck unable to access the APE.

I can access the AirPort from with AirPort Utility on the server, but it is connected directly via LAN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 8:35 PM

2 replies

Feb 20, 2014 8:25 AM in response to JIEC_DOTT

Check the manual for your Airport Extreme for the location of the "Reset" button. Then with the AE plugged in and powered up use a straightened paper clip to press and hold the Reset button in until the light on the front of the AE flashes several times. Rfelease the Reset button and launch Airport Utility on your computer. It may take several seconds, even a minute or two for Airport Utility to find the AE which has been reset to factory new condiiton. At that point you can use Airport Utility to configure the Airport Express any way you wish.

Revoke Mavericks Server Airport Control?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.