Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is DP port better than DVI port in terms of display performance (graphic and text)?

My display is Asus PB278Q, and it has four ports DVI, DP, HDMI and VGA.

I wonder if the best performance port should be DP. Or if DVI and DP has the same performance?

Thanks a lot.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), CPU 2.3GH

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 11:21 PM

4 replies

Feb 20, 2014 5:53 PM in response to mooblie

Thank you both so much. I've also read simiar answers from other sources. Now I am confident about my purchase of the Dual Link DVI adapter, which I am going to replace the cheap one (MiniDP to DP adapter got from a Chinese online store JD.com). I'll see if that solves the problem of "Asus PB278Q not waking up from deep sleep".

Thanks again.

Feb 21, 2014 2:15 AM in response to Bluebird73

Dear BDAqua,

I came back home at 17:35, and my dual link DVI adapter also arrived.

I tried the Dual LInk DVI adapter. It turns out that I have to plug in the USB plug that comes with the adapter. The resolution is the same, and so it is with the text/graphic effect. Since this thing makes no differnece and costs me 688 Yuan. I've decided to refund it. NO reason to use such an expensive one while a cheap one does the job.

Does the more expensive Daul Link DVI adapter work better than the cheap MiniDP adapter? I've seen no difference so far.

Any thought?

Is DP port better than DVI port in terms of display performance (graphic and text)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.