Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i install OS X Server besides an independ PostgreSQL Installation?

Hi there,

i tried to install the latest version of OS X Server on my Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.9.1 as System. I also have installed a local PostgreSQL Server 9.3. During the installation of OS X Server it looks like making something, but all i see, that the progress bar isn't making any progress. It stops the installation. I tried to figure out, on which point the Installation hangs up. The procedure tries to setup a PostgreSQL and failes. But the installation gives no Error message. Only by a log file i can interprete, that there is a neverending try to run a postgres-Service. The service stops by itself and the installation restarts it.

I stopped all my PostgreSQL-Services to prevent conflicts with these databases. But it didn't work for me. The OS X Server installations hangs up on the same step.

Do you have some more ideas, where i could look for and change some configurations ?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 4:04 AM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2014 7:56 AM in response to Robespierre81

See the section headed "Additional Information" in this support article.

By default, the server doesn't listen on the network. To change that behavior, edit the file

/Library/Server/PostgreSQL/Config/org.postgresql.postgres.plist

To the line that begins

<string>listen_addresses=

add a comma-separated list of addresses on which you want it to listen. Then restart the server:

sudo serveradmin stop postgres

sudo serveradmin start postgres

Feb 20, 2014 10:17 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you for that information. But it doesn't help. I am not able to install the Server app. It hangs up during the installation at the point "Service will be prepared". The console shows me, that it tries following:

20.02.14 19:16:49,682 com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.3[41892]) Exited with code: 1

20.02.14 19:16:32,333 com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.3) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

How can i install OS X Server besides an independ PostgreSQL Installation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.