Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID is diffrent from mine? Bricked iPhone

I bought a second hand iPhone 4s. When got it, some of the last owners data was still left on it, i went into settings and started changing some of it. When i got to the option about iCloud data, I typed in my e-mail and password, after all i decided to wipe the iPhone, when I wiped it i filled in the information such as the language, location and wi-fi and it asked me to log into icloud, but the email that was linked with the iPhone wasn't mine, I now cant log in 😟

Please Help, should i take it to my nearest apple store?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 6:07 AM

32 replies

Feb 20, 2014 6:43 AM in response to PolishGingerTom

PolishGingerTom wrote:

I mean... but it was a working iphone and everything... until i wiped it..

But true, for the seller to just go like that..

It was someone else's phone, though.

Here's the deal. You probably have stolen property. That's bad enough, and it ***** that you got scammed, but guess what? If you try to sell it now, even for parts, you're compounding the issue. You're going from a (possible) crime of ignorance, to (potentially) a delibirate criminal act.

Your best bet is to cut your losses, learn from your mistake, and turn it into the authorities.

You bought it from someone you didn't know, and now you can't get in touch with them.

Out of curiousity, what capacity of iPhone 4S is it, and how much did you pay?

Feb 20, 2014 6:47 AM in response to deggie

''With iOS 7, Find My iPhone includes a new feature called Activation Lock, which is designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you ever lose it. It starts working the moment you turn on Find My iPhone in iOS 7. With Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password will be required before anyone can:''

''Find my iPhone'' wasn't activated? I just don't understand that when i linked the iPhone with my Apple ID, and when i wiped it is switched back to the original one.

Feb 20, 2014 6:50 AM in response to PolishGingerTom

FInd my iPhone HAD been activated for that device, and it was not properly removed prior to sale. Just because you didn't see it listed ont he device doesn't mea it wasn't previously associated to that device.

The fact that the device is in Activation Lock is all the proof needed.

You never answered the question about how much capacity the iPhone 4S had, and what you paid for it.

Apple ID is diffrent from mine? Bricked iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.