Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard & Mouse will not connect wirelessly. OK previously, but this AM Apple-Mini, Keyboard, & mouse would not connect. Had black monitor screen. Restarted computer and monitor on, but continues to search for mouse and keyboard. Replaced batteries.

Having problems with wireless keyboard and mouse reconnecting to Mac-Mini........mini is not recognizing the two devices.

Have had mouse/keyboard connected to MacMini for over a year, no problems. Was using Mini last night, no problems. This morning came in and at first Mini did not appear to be connected to monitor. Monitor was black and had the "analog" graphic bouncing around. Restarted MacMini and monitor came on OK. BUT...get the window that states system trying connect with wireless keyboard and mouse. Turned keyboard and mouse on and off.

Replaced batteries, attempted a number of times to reconnect. No dice! Cannot get into Mac-Mini system (because have no mouse or keyboard operational) to check and insure that appropriate settings remain.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 7:13 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2014 11:39 PM in response to donsalhes

I was having similar problems with my wireless keyboard connected to my Mac Air. The problems started when I replaced the batteries for the KB. It would find the keyboard but fail in pairing repeatedly. Even as I typed the pairing code on the keyboard, it would say that the pairing failed..

I looked on this forum and could not find a solution. Finally, I removed the batteries on the keyboard and shutdown and restarted the Mac, and then added back the batteries on the keyboard and finally the Mac discovered and paired the keyboard successfully!!

Keyboard & Mouse will not connect wirelessly. OK previously, but this AM Apple-Mini, Keyboard, & mouse would not connect. Had black monitor screen. Restarted computer and monitor on, but continues to search for mouse and keyboard. Replaced batteries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.