Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Repair Experience

Hi all,

I took my 2012 15-inch Macbook Pro into repairs in December 2013. I noticed that there was a slight dip in my trackpad, and since the macbook was still in the free one-year warranty, I decided to bring it in into CompuB Grafton Street in Dublin for a repair. The repair took a 2 weeks, despite the Apple employees there telling me that the repair would have been completed in a week, I wasn't too unhappy about this, but what I discovered afterwards was what made me disgraced at the service that CompuB/Apple provide.

After the diagnoses, it was determined that the battery was faulty, that it was expanding, and that was reason why the trackpad felt off when clicking. And so, I got a replacement of the backplate, battery and keyboard + trackpad, as Apple has everything soldered in one on this Macbook. After I received my Macbook, I tried plugging in my headphones, to listen to some music, as you do, but to me realisation they had forgotten to put the headphone-out jack back into the Macbook. I have video proof of myself, in my frustration trying to plug my headphones into the now empty hole on the side of my Macbook.

I returned immediately the next day to CompuB to tell them of the mistake they made, they took it back in for service. This service took another week, I was very irritated at this stage, as I had assignments and work that I need to be done on the Macbook. I use my Macbook everyday, it's a great machine, but the service that CompuB provide is atrocious.

Just after New Years, I then noticed that one of the screws on the bottom of the backplate fell out. If you check the other screws, you'll notice that some of them are further out than others, this is because CompuB didn't fit it back on right and some of the screws are loose. There is no way that I could've managed to mess with the screws myself as I don't have the necessary screwdrivers that Apple use for the screw. I managed to recover the missing screw in my Macbook case. I didn't think much of this, as I wasn't bothered bringing it back into repairs, and plus, my warranty was gone at this stage and I doubt CompuB would have screwed it back on without me having to pay €80 for diagnosis and more for repairs.

Yesterday night, I tried connecting the HDMI to a monitor. Didn't work, no signal. Tried it with another monitor in fact, neither worked. I regret not testing out the HDMI ports once I got my Macbook back now. I'm assuming this is again, one of CompuB's mess ups. I haven't got anything to test out the thunderbolt ports, slightly concerned whether they work or not!

You can probably see how annoyed I am at this stage. I just thought I would be able to ask you guys if anyone has been in a similar situation as me, anything I can do to resolve my problem, perhaps by contacting Apple about my problem, to see if they can do anything about it? But the thing is, my warranty is out, and it's debatable whether they would help me or not. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 7:17 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Repair Experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.