Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to have Pinch-to-Zoom feature on Winodws 8 installed on a new Macbook?

I have recently installed Windows 8.1 on a new Macbook Pro with Retina display. Apparently the only multi-touch capabilities I can get on windows are 2-fingre scrolls and 2nd-finger right-click.

Anyone knows how I can get more guestures on my Windows, e.g. Pinch-to-Zoom, 2-finger swipe for backward/forward navigations?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 7:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2014 2:09 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hi Bob,

Do you mean that the answer to my question is "No"? I know what you are talking about but in the Boot Camp control panel I cannot do much and there is definitely no option to activate pinch-to-zoom. I don't even have control on reducing the double-fingre scrolling speed (as it is wild on Windows and jumps over several pages pretty quickly, hence hard to fine tune on a specific line).

Feb 22, 2014 4:44 AM in response to Ali Motevallian

don't believe it's possible zoom works a bit different in windows depending on apps

(I know because my ms nautral keyboard have a zoom slider build in) it works in some ways some places and in other ways in others and some places not at all

likely apple decided not to support it because they could never get it to work as globally as it does in osx so rather then implmenting a halfarshed features they didn't implment it at all seems rather apple'ish

Is it possible to have Pinch-to-Zoom feature on Winodws 8 installed on a new Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.