Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTouch 5 lost/stolen - just need a confirmation

Hello Apple Community. Recently I've had my iPod Touch 5th lost or stolen. I've had a ton of music, photos and novels in there. I cannot locate the phone on Find My iPod. I logged into my iCloud and it says No Devices Found. By now I'm assuming the itouch has been restored to its factory settings. There is no way of locating it or finding out who is using it anymore right? Just need a confirmation from the Apple Community so I can finally let go of this grief and move on with my life.

Edit: like there is nothing else that can be done to locate the former device or find out who is using it right? Sorry the grief of a stolen item is overwhelming for me.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.1, It's iOS 7, but not sure which one.

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Nothing you can but look for it the old fashioned way

lost/stolen

No app is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

iCloud: Find My iPhone

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2014 7:59 AM in response to _soulcool

Nothing you can but look for it the old fashioned way

lost/stolen

No app is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

iTouch 5 lost/stolen - just need a confirmation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.