Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Output Digital Audio to Male Mini USB Connector?

I would like to input digital audio from my iPhone 5 to my headphone DAC/amplifier. The latter has a mini USB female connector for digital signal input. I envisage the following options, listed in the order of preference:

1. A cable with a male Lightning connector to a male Mini USB connector. This would be the most elegant solution but does such a cable exist?

2. Apple Lighting to female Micro USB adapter plus a male Micro USB to male Mini USB cable. Does this pass audio?

3. Apple Lightning to male USB connector (the cable which came with the phone) plus a female USB to male Mini USB connector. This should work technically because the Apple stock cable does output audio from the phone to my car audio system.

4. Any other ideas?

Which of the above options would be best to send digital audio from my iPhone 5 to my headphone DAC/amplifier? Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, 64 GB, White

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 11:05 AM

There are no replies.

How to Output Digital Audio to Male Mini USB Connector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.