Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD Classic 160GB, 2 months old, wont connect to windows/Itunes

Right, here we go.

For a week or two my Ipod Classic 160GB has had some issues and has been fairly annoying. Ive only owned it since Christmas and its had more issues than my Ipod touch ever had. It started to not be able to sync music and say that it couldnt sync the music for an unknown reason. It would then end up resetting my Ipod without my consent and this happened several times. It then got to the issue of it wouldnt even sync my music at all and would reset to factory settings EVERY time when i plugged it in. Now, its got to the stage where it will not connect to my PC through Windows or Itunes and connects for a second then ejects immediately.It will still charge through my PC though. Heres some of the fixes I have tried:

.New USB cable

.Plugging the Ipod in with disk mode on

.Restarting my pc

.Restarting the Ipod

.Reinstalling Itunes

.Repairing my Itunes

.Reinstalling its drivers in device manager

.Removing upper and lower filters in Registry Editors

.Restoring the Ipod (when it would connect to itunes!)

.Scanning the drive (it will not let me do this anymore)

Please, can someone find out if this is a software or hardware issue? I will gladly return it if it is a hardware issue. I just need to find a way confirmation.

Thank you

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 3:11 PM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2014 9:47 AM in response to DeclanConky

Hello DeclanConky

Check out the article below to troubleshoot if it is software or hardware. Try starting up in Safe Mode or try it out in another user. Also when you removed iTunes, did you remove the other associated files Apple in the specific order indicated in the second article? Let me know if this works out or need to continue troubleshooting.

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1717

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Regards,

-Norm G.

IPOD Classic 160GB, 2 months old, wont connect to windows/Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.