Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was trying to free up some memory on my hard drive and now I don't have an Itunes icon. I may have deleted it from my applications. How do I get it back. I downloaded it but it says it was moved from my PDF, music is played on Quicktime player

I was trying to free up some memory from my startup disk and I may have accidently deleted the Itunes application. I still have a library if I go through finder. I can download Itunes but I'm not able to install it. All this and I still don't have enough space on my startup disk, but that's another whole question!

If I play a tune,it comes through quicktime player. What can I do?😕

iMac (17-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 2:43 PM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2014 3:29 PM in response to Enchanted1

Enchanted1 wrote:

All this and I still don't have enough space on my startup disk, but that's another whole question!

No, this should be the number one thing you are concerned about.

Until you get this sorted, there is a good chance you may simply lose everything.

Do you hav ean external drive?

If so copy the entire /Music/iTunes/ folder to the external drive.

Then you can delete /Music/iTunes/ empty the trash and recover this space.

Do this then Apple menu > Software update.

Restart the computer

Then post back.

I was trying to free up some memory on my hard drive and now I don't have an Itunes icon. I may have deleted it from my applications. How do I get it back. I downloaded it but it says it was moved from my PDF, music is played on Quicktime player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.