Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

late 2013 15" rMBP BootCamp iSight Camera BAD, HELP!

Hey guys,

I have a late 2013 15 inch retina macbook pro, the higher end model with geforce gt750M discrete graphics.

I've installed windows 8.1 natively using the EFI method of installation, and everything and I mean everything except for the iSight camera is working fantastically.

When I open the windows "metro" camera application, the camera starts out working perfect -- but if I take a single snapshot, it causes the camera to go into a sort of jittering frame motion, like an old TV set that has it's HSYNC out of whack, except from left to right.

Is anyone else having this issue? and is there a fix?

I've installed all of the latest bootcamp drivers up to today, and it still does this.

Is this a problem with using the EFI method only that people that did a normal bootcamp install are not experiencing on windows 8.1 on this model laptop?

if so is there a fix?

HELP!

Thank You so much for your time.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8, iSight Camera is half broken

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 2:41 PM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2014 10:09 PM in response to garymaurizi

I'm including a screenshot and a link to a video of the problem, it happens at various times regardless of wether i click to record a video or click to take a snapshot on windows 8 or windows 8.1.

PLEASE can ANYONE help? or AT LEAST TELL ME IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON A LATE 2013 RETINA MACBOOK AS WELL? anyone?

Picture: (it works fine before i click to take a snapshot, immediately after I click the button it does this, if I open skype to check the camera it does this from the get-go)

User uploaded file

video example is at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQlOmufmAEtNG9JYVp2UlZRd1U/edit?usp=sharing

Might I add that I do not have this problem in OS X, thank you.

Message was edited by: garymaurizi

Feb 25, 2014 11:01 PM in response to garymaurizi

After further investigation i see that the camera in the new retina macbooks is completely different than the previous models, and it now works off the PCI bus streaming raw data.

This is no excuse apple, if you are going to release a driver, release a working driver, don't **** your users that enjoy your hardware but want to run windows intentionally.

Did i mention that if i try to hit print screen while the camera app is open the flickering starts? this is an intentional bug put in intentionally.

Print screen is an entirely different mechanism than the shutter button and should not cause the same behaviour, period. *** apple?

If I don't get a response before my return period runs out ill be taking it back.

late 2013 15" rMBP BootCamp iSight Camera BAD, HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.