Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook with just html5 pages?

Hello all,

I'm trying to make an interactive iBook. I want the bulk of it to be html5 pages. I've been able to create HTML5 widgets but that requires the user to click on the widget to get it to "start." I don't want that. I want the pages themselves to be just the HTML5 content that I drag and drop. The should be the actual content of the page itself. I just wanted iBook Author to turn these series of html5 pages into an iBook. Is this possible? If not, what iBook authoring environment will allow me to do this?

iBook, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 4:41 PM

2 replies

Feb 20, 2014 6:13 PM in response to Diggy K

If you use iBooks Author, you work with the software as provided. widgets can be added to a page. you can use the HTML widget or compatible third party widgets.

I am aware that the ePub format can use HTML ..so maybe if you use the Apple Support Groups link above and locate the Pages group and The iBooks Author, creating ePubs and creating books for iBooks store.

I am sure you will find so embody with the technical knowledge to help you.

ibook with just html5 pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.