Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sons MacBook pro suddenly has a white screen. He doesnt know what's wrong. It's only 6 months old

MY sons MacBook pro has suddenly got just a white screen he hasn't a clue what it is and I'm too far away to help

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 4:38 PM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2014 4:54 PM in response to Lizzie n jason

Lizzie n jason,

your son could try this: first, he should boot his MacBook Pro into Recovery mode by holding down a Command key and the R key as it starts up. Once the Mac OS X Utilities menu appears, he should select Disk Utility. On the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window, he should select his internal disk’s boot partition (typically called “Macintosh HD”). On the right-hand side, he should press the Verify Disk button if it’s not greyed out; if it is greyed out, or if it reports that errors were found, he should press the Repair Disk button. Once the verification/repair is completed, he should exit Disk Utility and select Restart from the Apple menu to restart in normal mode. Does that let him get past the white screen?

My sons MacBook pro suddenly has a white screen. He doesnt know what's wrong. It's only 6 months old

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.