Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery percent going up and down when not charging?

I'm on ios 7.0.4 and my battery percent goes up sometimes when I'm not even charging?ill Also have like 40 and then watch a five minute video, lose. 10 percent battery, and then gain another 10 percent?this is really bugging me and I really need a fix

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 6:43 PM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2014 11:02 PM in response to Turns

It's normal. The battery meter on the iPod 5 is an odd little thing, shows estimated time of useable battery life based on current application and power consumption. So if your iPod is on standby lets say it shows 85%. Start watching a movie or playing a game and it drops to say 60%. Stop watching the movie and start listening to music and it goes back up to 75%. My guess is that is why Apple uses a battery icon and not percentages; it will make you Nuts! Don't worry about it, the only percentage to watch for is the 20% low battery warning, which can be annoying, think of it as a low fuel warning light in your car's fuel tank, doesn't say when you'll run out of gas, or in the case of your iPod power, only that it's soon. If you can, switch back to the battery icon, "and forget abou' it!" Cheers! Hope this helps.

Feb 20, 2014 11:13 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Hi Philly Phan, there is an app or a method to switch the battery icon to percentage without jail breaking, shows up from time to time in this forum. I refuse to post it because I think it's a waste of time and leads to frustration when the percent jumps around! To much information not always a good thing. Just thought you would like to know. Cheers.

Battery percent going up and down when not charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.