Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp not working

I have Boot Camp Assistant on and Windows 7 CD in, but I keep getting "Your disk could not be partitioned An error occurred while partiting the disk" on the Partiting part. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and why can't I get it to work.

I have a Mackbook Air 13-inch Late 2010. Software is OS X 10.9.1. The boot camp I downloaded was Boot Camp 4.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 6:55 PM

8 replies

Feb 20, 2014 7:17 PM in response to Siam_Luck

Read and follow the Boot Camp instructions? Boot Camp Assistant is located on your hard drive in the utilities folder. Run it from there. The Windows support software is downloaded to a usb stick and is run from within Windows after you get Windows installed.

If you still get the partitioning error please post the complete and exact message.

Feb 20, 2014 9:51 PM in response to Siam_Luck

Start over again; first run boot camp assitant and see if you can remove the current windows partition then launch disk utility and confirm that you only see 1 mac journaled partition for your HD

restart and do a PRAM reset

open disk utility and repair permissions twice

download the correct ISO from here to your OSX desktop http://techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

then start boot camp assistant to put this ISO *AND* wiindows support software (all 3 boxes checked) on a USB drive

you will need the key from your windows purchase to activate windows but that can wait until you have windows running

good luck

boot camp not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.