Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad/iPhone/AppleTV cannot play Youtube & Netflix

iOs 7.04

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 6:06 PM

9 replies

Apr 11, 2014 11:17 AM in response to JulioRosica

hi

I also have a Zyxel VMG1312-B10A set up to use VDSL on my ISP's FTTC service. (i'm in the UK)

i swapped this out from a BT Openreach VDSL modem and a Technicolor 582n

weirdly (and i've yet to still work out where the problem is exactly...) my iPad mini running iOS 7.1 (the latest version my ipad can download i think) and i cannot stream anything. Youtube, BBC iPlayer, ITV player all cannot stream. weirdly in the apps i can do all searching for clips fine, but when it comes to playing it i seem to get the spinning icon in the middle then the message "playback error".

i even try streaming youtube via safari and chrome but i get similar problems, the stream doesn't even begin to play.

i cant say for how netflix or other premium streaming services because i don't use them.

my HTC smartphone and blackberry smartphone stream from youtube and iplayer in the web and on my desktop.

i swap back to my openreach/technicolor setup and the ipad is suddenly able to stream fine.

obviously by going back to my previous setup it proves that there is no apparent issue with the ipad, but at the same time with the zyxel installed, it stops the ipad from streaming but other devices don't seem to be affected. it must be some kind of bug specific to this router and my ipad.

my iPad/iPhone/AppleTV cannot play Youtube & Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.