Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battle with the iBook & epub

So today I realised that the new "rain-man" (cough cough) edition of iBook with Mavericks is totally beyond normal sense!

You cannot add your ePub books to the iPad or iPhone like we could do with previous versions of iTunes. Beside that, it is completely impossible to locate WHERE the damned files are loaded/saved.

This doesn't solve the location problem, but does give a workaround for adding ePub books to iBooks on iOS devices.

http://www.epubor.com/sync-downloaded-books-to-ipad-in-mac-os-x-109-mavericks.ht ml

Just hope that apple gets its head out of the hole and fix this nonsense.

Cheers

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 7:56 PM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2014 1:21 AM in response to Roozybeh

With Mavericks you should be able to add epubs (and/or PDFs) to the iBooks app on your Mac via File > Add To Library, and you can then sync them to a device in the same way as before e.g. in iTunes select the device's Books tab and use that to select which of the ibooks / epubs / PDFs that you have in your Mac's iBooks app to sync to the device.

Feb 21, 2014 6:28 PM in response to King_Penguin

Actually, I couldn't. I had a ePub book from my school. It would show up in the iBook, but i wouldn't see it in the iTunes/books tab to select it for syncing.

I had tried everything and there was no way that it would show up in iTunes. That's why I started the discussion because I saw many many people having similar problems.

I added the screen shots and you can see that the "Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment" is in the iBooks, but you can't see it under the iTunes/books tab.

The only way i was able to do that was through the link i posted on top.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Battle with the iBook & epub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.