Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail stopped receiving mail on multiple devices??

I can no longer recieve emails on only one email address, that is on multiple devices. This email address has been operating perfectly fine for years. All of a sudden in the middle of the night, on four devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac Air and Power Mac) mail has stopped being downloaded.

Things done and symthoms...

• Check all settings on all devices - All Good! No error codes
  • Remove/Re-install on one of the devices.

All emails load back in to about the same point as other devices.

• Adjusted SSL settings (which worked perfectly fine).
  • Turned off WiFi - Using cell coverage
  • Reset Airport Express
  • Webmail is working perfectly fine
  • Other email accounts with same provider (Go Daddy) working perfectly fine.
  • iMap Settings in place

Mac Pro (Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 3.2 GHz - 8 GB 1066MHz

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 8:54 PM

8 replies

Feb 21, 2014 7:58 AM in response to Sumesh_22

No... no password changes. and No errors.

It continues to ping the server. I can still send email from and device and it downloads sent mail that has been sent from webmail. One more message has mysteriously downloaded but all devices are still unable to download any emails.

Considering moving to Gmail servers... Very frustrating.

Feb 22, 2014 12:04 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric,

I have reviewed this page and issue continues. I have even rebuit the mailbox on more than one device and mail imports to roughly the same point and message (when the issue started).

I do not think it is the devices, because of the fact it has happend on four different devices. Webmail continues to work.

Multiple conversation with service provider with no resolution. (Next step maybe to shift providers to Google)

Feb 27, 2014 5:51 AM in response to ActionG

I'm having the exact same issues. I have about 10 different email addresses. All have worked fine since I bought the Mac Pro. As of yesterday, whenever I log into any WiFi netwrok - and networks that always worked in the past - I can't download emails from one of my addresses. Same is true with the same email accounts on my iPhone.

Interestingly, when I tether my iPhone and use 3G (rather than WiFi) I'm able to send/recieve from this same address on my laptop AND iPhone!!

APPLE - please advise!

Mail stopped receiving mail on multiple devices??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.