Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Retina Late 2013 Bootcamp Windows 8.1 x64 Pro Brightness Control

Hi,

I have Windows 8.1 x64 boot-camped several times (split drive equally) to try and fix this brightness issue, and have read through countless threads attempting to find a solution. The problem is that the brightness controls are not changing the brightness of the screen for some reason. You see the bars go up and down but the brightness remains the same. If you, however, either change your resolution and change it back to the native resolution, or put your MBP to sleep and wake it up, the brightnes controls begin working again normally. This has happened the couple of times I reinstalled which leads me to believe that the cuplrit are the drivers. Is there a fix for this? Note: Disabling the display for the laptop in Control Panel does not work for this MBP (Late 2013), and disabling adaptive brightness also does not work for this MBP (Late 2013).

Thanks,

-Falven

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise x64

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 11:37 PM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 7:44 PM in response to Falven

Hello everyone, I have been trying all solutions to this problem with no success. Finally I tried downloading the driver from NVIDIA, this required me to allow NVIDIA to scan my system to find my proper driver. After finding and installing the new driver I had full control over brightness. I've been using my MBP for about a day and a half with no problems for the brightness. I hope this helps everyone.

Here is the link - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

15 Inch MacBook PRO with Retina - late 2013

Boot Camp - Windows 8.1 PRO 64 bit

MBP Retina Late 2013 Bootcamp Windows 8.1 x64 Pro Brightness Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.