Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"an error occurred while partitioning the disk"

Ive been trying to partition my disk to 64bit Windows 7. I have the disk with windows 7 on it and Ive downloaded the Windows support software from apple onto an external hard drive. Ive tried repairing/verifying my disk and an assortment of other small fixes, none have worked. I run boot camp, set the partition to 32GB and always end up with this error message about 1/6 the way throught the DL. I am running OS X 10.9.1 and Boot Camp Assistant 5.1.0. Any ideas?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 11:57 PM

7 replies

Jan 9, 2015 8:39 AM in response to AJPurvis

Hi All,

I Have succumbed to this problem today in OSX Yosemite, I found it was FileVault being turned on was my problem, you can check this as follows:

- Disk Utility

- Click on Macintosh HD (The indented one)

- In the Properties you will find Format : Encrypted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) .

To repair is a simple case of switching off FileVault in System Preferences/Security and Privacy/FileVault(Tab). You will need to click the padlock to make changes, then you will be able to turn off File Vault.

I found this was paused and had no way to resume it so a fresh install of OSX was my friend and this time round I made sure FileVault wasn't turned on.

"an error occurred while partitioning the disk"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.