Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro mid 2012 stopped working completely.

It was fully charged, and I was on battery, and all of a sudden it stopped working. The display went black, and powering on doesn't work. LEDs don't light up after pressing the charge indicator button even though I am sure it is (almost) fully charged.

I tried connecting the power adaptor and the green LED doesn't glow. There seems to be some problem with my MacBook since my charger is working fine with other MacBooks of my friends.

Connecting another working adapter, and powering on didn't work either. It has been 7 months since I brought my MacBook, and I am running Mavericks. I have contacted the support, but they say I have to take it to the store.

Unfortunately, there are no Apple stores nearby my current location, and nearby ones are like 5 hours away from here.

So, I wanted to ask - Am I missing something? Is there something I can try now?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 3:54 AM

16 replies

Feb 21, 2014 4:03 AM in response to bharadwaj6

Hello Bharadwaj6,

Try resetting SMC by following the below Method.

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Mar 27, 2015 9:59 AM in response to bharadwaj6

I had the same problem, it happened after plugging in a faulty usb cable. My Macbook Pro went powerless right away, tried plug in power supply but there was no difference. I opened up the bottom panel, disconnected the battery and plugged in the power supply and it worked. I shut it down, re-connected the battery and it worked again. I had to decrypt my File Vault entering my password and all started up as usual.

Hope this helps

My MacBook Pro mid 2012 stopped working completely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.