Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accessing purchases after email change

Hi there,

I am a former Apple user. About a year ago i decided to turn my back on Apple (reasons are not relevant right now). My ex-girlfriend however continues to use an iPhone, and since i bought a lot of music and apps for my iPhone, which i then gave to her, i changed my Apple ID email to her email address.

Now that i have an Android phone i would like to add the music i purchased on iTunes to my Android Phone music library. Unfortunately i cant get to my music because i have no access to that email address.

Ok, you'll probably say "tough luck, your Ex is the only one who can access your purchases now". Unfortunately this is not the case. I dont understand the technicalities behind it, but her email address cant login eitehr, so now there is an account somewhere in the depths of APples DB, that neither of us can access, containing the music i want to get my hands on.

Any suggestions hwo i might be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 5:02 AM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2014 2:18 PM in response to Marmit3

Hello Marmit3,

It sounds like you remember the Apple ID email address but cannot log into the account. You can reset the password with the following link to regain access to the content therein:

Apple ID: Changing your password

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5624

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
  2. Click “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
  3. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you're unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
  4. Click "Password and Security".
  5. In the "Choose a new password" section, click Change Password.
  6. Enter your old password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Click Save when done.

The next time you use an Apple feature or service that uses Apple ID, you'll be asked to sign in with your new Apple ID password.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

accessing purchases after email change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.