Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore my laptop when there are administrative locks

does anyone know how to restore a 2011 13' late macbook pro that has parental controls on it

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 6:09 AM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2014 6:15 AM in response to aleclair16

Install or Reinstall Mavericks or Mountain Lion from Scratch

Be sure you backup your files to an external drive or second internal drive because

the following procedure will remove everything from the hard drive.

OS X Mavericks- Erase and reinstall OS X

OS X Mountain Lion- Erase and reinstall OS X

OS X Lion- Erase and reinstall Mac OS X

How to install Lion or Mountain Lion on multiple computers

Summary

If you've purchased OS X Lion or Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store, you're allowed to install it on all of your personal authorized Macs.

Products Affected

OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion

http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

To install OS X Lion or Mountain Lion on another Mac, open the Mac App Store, sign in to your account, and re-download the OS by selecting it in the Purchases list. Follow these steps:

1. Download Lion or Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store on one of your personal authorized Macs. The download is approximately 4 GB in size.
  2. Install the OS.
  3. Log in to another computer that you wish to install it on.
  4. Open the Mac App Store. Enter your Apple ID and password that was used to download either Lion or Mountain Lion on the first computer.
  5. Click the Purchased icon, then click the download link for the appropriate OS.
  6. Run the Installer once it has finished downloading to the new Mac.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/os_x_mountain_lion?view=discussio ns

how do i restore my laptop when there are administrative locks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.