Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove icloud from start up?

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 5:21 AM

15 replies

Dec 16, 2017 8:22 AM in response to Divamuzz

For Windows 10, I found the Apple Mobile Device Service this way:

Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar.

Click on "Computer Management"

In the center tile of the window, click on "Services and Applications"

Still in the center tile, click on "Services"

Look for "Apple Mobile Device Service" - open it.

On the General tab, there is an option labeled "Startup type" Switch it to manual, then click "Apply".

As peters1997 stated, this will also turn off the automatic startup for iTunes when you connect an iOS device to the computer. Personally, I'd prefer to manually start iTunes rather than having it constantly running in the background.

Feb 21, 2014 5:34 AM in response to Divamuzz

Hello Divamuzz,

On your windows computer open Run ( Windows key+R key) and in the Run type msconfig and press Enter.

Click on Startup Tab and look for iCloud Control Panel written there and Uncheck the box next to it and click Apply and close that box and if asked to Restart then Restart your computer and if not asked then Restart your computer manually and see if you get iCloud Control Panel Launching on startup.

Jan 11, 2015 3:31 PM in response to PegMan

I have the same problem and result, worked for one restart. Very annoying. I suspect each time iCloud updates (very frequent) it is re installing or re-establishing registry keys. I gave up. I was able to get every other start item to stay off until I started (manually via batch), including Google Drive, Dropbox, Mozy, Team Viewer, Greenshot, Phrase Express, but not iCloud.

Jun 28, 2016 7:10 AM in response to Divamuzz

I came here today to find a solution for this problem too, but seems like you guys still weren't be able to fix the problem. I think I found the solution myself and I will share it over here. Hope you are be able to use it too.

1. Run services.msc ("Windows key" + "R key")

2. Search the huge list for "Apple Mobile Device Service"

3. Double click it so the properties of that service open up

4. Change "Startup type" from "Automatic" to "Manual" and click OK

5. After restarting the computer several times I was confinced iCloud didn't startup automatically anymore

Hope I can help you with this (even after 2,5 years) and the solution fixes the problem for you too.

(The solution takes away the option to automatically start iTunes when you connect an iOS device to the computer. You need to start iTunes and give iTunes the permission to restart the service. After that still no sign of iCloud starting up.)

Jul 6, 2016 8:10 AM in response to Divamuzz

Having encountered the same problem and not being able to use Peters1997's solution, I've ended up uninstalling iCloud as well.

When I turn something off I expect it to stay that way. And yes, I could manually end the process but the point is I shouldn't have to. I'm generally glad to have come back into the Apple fold but sometimes the 'we know better than you do what you actually want' attitude gets my goat and I vote with my feet.

Guess I didn't really want to use iCloud on my PC device after all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.