Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and Chrome crashing

This question is about my Mac Mini mid-2011 version. From the first day I had this mac, safari and chrome keeps crashing, and it does this repeatedly until i close the browsers. When Safari crashes, this comes up: http://pastebin.com/qUPEhpcr

The ram i use is installed myself, and seems to be working. Can this crashing have to do with the ram?

The mac was also recently in to service, and got a completely new hard drive, which I thought maybe solved this, but it didn't, so it doesn't have anything to do with the harddrive.

I have also reinstalled the system 4-5 times as the mac keeps crashing quite often.

When I recived the mac, it was running Lion, but now it's running Mavericks, and I still have this problem.

(Sorry about my bad english, it's not my native language)

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 12:13 PM

Hi Eriend, you English is quite good! 🙂

It easily could be RAM, it seems com.apple.JavaScriptCore is where all the trouble is.

See if you can run Apple Hardware test, extended by holding d key on bootup.

3 replies

Feb 22, 2014 12:58 PM in response to BDAqua

I tried the hardware test with the self-installed ram (8gb), and it froze at 1 second into the test, and I it was like that for a couple of hours, and the mac heated up pretty bad. But then I tried to change to the ram that came with the mac, and the test worked, and showed no problems. So this must have to be with the ram. At the moment I'm still using the ram slots that came with the mac, to see if that helps. Though it's only 2gb, which is a bit little for me, but I will try this for a few days and find out if it crashes. Thanks for the help 🙂

Safari and Chrome crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.