Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried all the suggestions here and the sound still does not work when streaming. Some days it will work, and other times I can get it to work by restarting etc, but it's a very poor product that needs endless tweaks to do what it's supposed to.

I have restarted. I have checked cables. My TV is connected directly to the AppleTV box with an HDMI cable. I have adjusted settings of Dolby and audio to 16 bit, as suggested. I have restarted my internet. The TV is beside the wifi box. What else can I do?

AppleTV 2, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 7:19 AM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2014 7:26 AM in response to AppleTVbooooooo

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Everyone has exactly the same Apple TV and Apple TV software, if you are having problems you either have a defective unit or more likely something wrong with the parts of your set up that aren't the same as everyone else's. i.e. your TV, receiver or cables. Try the Apple TV with another TV and HDMI cable.

Feb 21, 2014 11:30 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks but that's not really practical. I did try with another hdmi port and another hdmi cable and it still didn't work. I don't have/want another TV and mine is very new. It only seems to be a problem when streaming audio+video. What did work for me was switching from Safari to Firefox. There, I got sound and a picture and was able to watch my team win in Olympic hockey. 🙂

I have tried all the suggestions here and the sound still does not work when streaming. Some days it will work, and other times I can get it to work by restarting etc, but it's a very poor product that needs endless tweaks to do what it's supposed to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.