Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find audiobook purchased from itunes

I purchased an Audiobook from Itunes on my Ipad and now I cant find it.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 10:28 AM

If it's still on your iPad then it should be in its Music app - when you have audiobooks on an iOS device you will get an Audiobooks option at the bottom of the Music app (possibly via the More button). If it's not in there then do you have a copy of it on your computer's iTunes library so that you can sync it back ?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2014 10:28 AM in response to Melaniefrompa

If it's still on your iPad then it should be in its Music app - when you have audiobooks on an iOS device you will get an Audiobooks option at the bottom of the Music app (possibly via the More button). If it's not in there then do you have a copy of it on your computer's iTunes library so that you can sync it back ?

Mar 2, 2014 11:13 PM in response to King_Penguin

I have had no trouble with music, books, in fact all purchases until I purchased an audiobook.I was so looking forward to listening to it on my 4 hour flight next week. After updating I lost the audiobook so I will not be purchasing any more - apples loss not going to be mine. I have tried all the advice on the support pages but nothing works it has completely disappeared. All buyers beware.

Mar 24, 2014 11:19 PM in response to billshack

Can you find the audiobooks via the device's spotlight search screen : pull down the centre of the home screen in iOS 7, swipe your first home screen to the right in iOS 6 and below ?

If not then gave you tried closing the Music app via the device's multitasking bar and seeing if the audiobook shows when you re-open the app ?

iOS 7: double-click the home button to open the taskbar, and then swipe or drag the Music app's screen from there up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

iOS 6 and below : from the home screen (i.e. not with Music 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Music app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

Mar 28, 2014 2:26 PM in response to Melaniefrompa

I bought an audiobook on my desktop. I couldnt see it on my ipad until I synced the ipad with the desktop even after logging in with my apple id on the ipad. There is a button where you specifically sync any or all audiobooks. It was only after syncing with the desktop that "more" buttton on my ipad. It certainly is a bit confusing. I havent tried purchasing a book on the ipad yet.

Find audiobook purchased from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.