Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple making its products more difficult to use?

Anybody else miss "Save as"?

I am so frustrated with the changes, aka upgrades, that have been made to the programs that are resident in Mac computers (like Pages and Numbers and the new system, Mavericks) that I could throw my Macbook Pro into the Bay. The developers at Apple seem to have decided that they can do anything they want to without regard to compatibility with the rest of the cyber world and everyone else better get in line.

What incredible hubris to have total disregard for the amount of time that has been and will be wasted by the millions of Mac users that now suddenly find that they cannot do business as usual without going through many formerly unnecessary steps to do simple functions like saving an edited document with another title with one simple command or send a document in Pages as an attachment to an email. Pages documents used to attach, no problem. Now Gmail, Outlook and every other email program I know of won’t let you attach a Pages document. You have to convert it into some other format, like Word or PDF, to get it to go.

And even worse, we were not warned of the consequences of these “improvements” or how to deal with them. Updates are supposed to make life easier for end users, not create extra layers of complication that require diligent research to find work arounds. I personally need to spend my time taking care of my business, not having to constantly reeducate myself about using the tools that previously worked almost flawlessly.

My conclusion is that either Apple has gone off the deep end or has been infiltrated by Microsoft operatives with the goal of frustrating Apple users so much that they toss their Macs and go back to Windows.

I used to love using my Mac and would like to return to that feeling. We need a mass movement to get their attention.

Anyone who’s with me on this got any good ideas about how we can actually get the folks at Apple to correct this flawed course of action and return to the simplicity that made Macs the computer for "the rest of us"?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 10:57 AM

1 reply

Why is Apple making its products more difficult to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.