Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 4th generation won't connect to iTunes. I have windows 8, and I have tried literally everything. I restarted my iPod touch, deleting and re-installed iTunes, plug in different cables, updated my iPod, etc. Help?

This has been happening for months and haven't been able to solve this problem. I want to reset my ipod touch but I haven't backed it up on my computer and I don't know how to do that when my iPod doesn't connect to iTunes. I also connected my iPod shuffle and it connected perfectly fine. My iPod is not jailbroken, I had this iPod for about two years now. I really don't know what is wrong with it. It shows up on my computer that it is connect but it won't connect to iTunes. Please help.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Doublechecking. Have you also tried a complete uninstall of both iTunes and all the other related software components and then a reinstall? If not, try the instructions from the following document:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

2 replies

My iPod touch 4th generation won't connect to iTunes. I have windows 8, and I have tried literally everything. I restarted my iPod touch, deleting and re-installed iTunes, plug in different cables, updated my iPod, etc. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.