Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there DVD players that do not play the iDVD format, such as Denon WMA?

My iDVD's play on my neighbor's DVD players. However, we have a "Denon MP3 WMA" player in our clubhouse that plays the video but no sound. Has anyone encountered a similar problem. The Denon plays commercial movie DVDs, but has problems with Apple iDVD sound?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 12:07 PM

7 replies

Feb 21, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your input. The disc I used in the iDVD process was fine since the iDVD disc plays just fine in my DVD player and those of my neighbors. It is just this one Denon machine where I get the video but no audio. Is it possible the encoded audio is not supported buy Denon? The Denon machine plays commercial movies fine, but has hiccups with iDVD.

Feb 22, 2014 8:41 AM in response to Umpire

When you have the iDVD project as you'd like use the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option.

User uploaded file

Next, double click on the disk image to mount it. Launch DVD Player and play the disk image to verify it plays correctly.

Lastly, launch Disk Utility, select the disk image in the left hand pane and click on the Burn button. Set the burn speed to 2X.

User uploaded file

This separates the burn process from the much longer encoding process. It also lets you burn another disk at a later date without having to go thru the encoding process again.

Feb 23, 2014 5:39 AM in response to Umpire

Thanks very much for the tutorial on how to burn my DVD via disk image and the disk utility. Very helpful. Still having problems with the Denon DVD player in spite of the fact that the DVD plays in every other DVD player that I have tried. I think I will try a different brand of DVD disk? Thanks again.

Are there DVD players that do not play the iDVD format, such as Denon WMA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.