Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download final cut pro x again without losing my add ons and projects?

I have a version of final cut pro x, which came with my computer. I just found out that it was downloaded illegally. I already bought add ons and have projects on it. So how could I purchase final cut again without losing my add ons and projects? Also, some of the add ons are only allowed to be downloaded once, I think.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 12:26 PM

8 replies

Feb 22, 2014 5:06 PM in response to szk613

Find where on your hard drive that the effects are being kept b4 you update. In my case most of the effect/transitions I have are installed in Movies/Motion Templates. Also check your library/application support,

Mac HD/Library/Application Support...

You will find them whether they are Coremelt or FXPlug ins.

Copy them all to another folder (keeping their paths relative) for safe keeping (remember where they came from).

Go to the sites where you downloaded the effects - most have forums or at least a Blog where you can ask.

Good Luck

Feb 26, 2014 5:51 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Coremelt is stored thus:

Manual Uninstall

remove the folders:

/Library/Application support/Coremelt

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-Ins/CS*/MediaCore/CoreMelt

where * is the version of creative suite you have eg CS6

remove the files:

/Library/Frameworks/VTwinFx.framework

/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/VTwinFx.fxplug

/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/Lock & Load.fxplug

/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/Lock & Load X.fxplug

that will prevent them showing up in AE, FCP7 and FCP X and remove all files from your system

There fore, new installation of these software should not have any affect to the coremelt plug in. Enjoy!

How do I download final cut pro x again without losing my add ons and projects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.