Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Aperture 3.2.4 library into Aperture 3.5.1

I have version 3.2.4 running on my Mac Pro 1,1. I recently bought a new iMac and installed version 3.5.1. My problem is i cannot import the libraries nor projects as libraries because of the earlier version. What can I do? I don’t think I can upgrade version 3.2.4 on the Mac Pro because version 3.5.1 requires 64bit. Can I? If I do can I then import the library?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 1:49 PM

Have you copied the 3.2.4 Aperture libraries to your new iMac? To import them into the 3.5.1 library on your new iMac you need to upgrade the libraries to version 3.5.1.

On your iMac, double click a library to be upgraded. This will launch Aperture and it will upgrade the library. After that you will be able to import it into your new 3.5.1 library.

To transfer the libraries: Aperture 3.5.1 will not open any library, that is not on a drive formatted MacOS Extended (Journaled). If you transfer the libraries on an external drive, make sure it ahs the correct formatting.

-- Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2014 1:49 PM in response to Early_show_Man

Have you copied the 3.2.4 Aperture libraries to your new iMac? To import them into the 3.5.1 library on your new iMac you need to upgrade the libraries to version 3.5.1.

On your iMac, double click a library to be upgraded. This will launch Aperture and it will upgrade the library. After that you will be able to import it into your new 3.5.1 library.

To transfer the libraries: Aperture 3.5.1 will not open any library, that is not on a drive formatted MacOS Extended (Journaled). If you transfer the libraries on an external drive, make sure it ahs the correct formatting.

-- Léonie

Export Aperture 3.2.4 library into Aperture 3.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.