Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello to everyone!I think that I have installed a virus to my mac because safari opens advertising sites all the time and Facebook stucks a lot.What i should do to make my mac as it was before?

Hello to everyone!I think that I have installed a virus to my mac because safari opens advertising sites all the time and Facebook stucks a lot.What i should do to make my mac as it was before?

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 3:23 PM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2014 8:13 PM in response to krasos

The first step is to find out what you have installed. I wrote a little diagnostic program to help show what might be causing these problems. Download EtreCheck from http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck, run it, and paste the results here. EtreCheck is perfectly safe to run, does not ask for your password to install, and is signed with my Apple Developer ID.

Disclaimer: Although EtreCheck is free, there are other links on my site that could give me some form of compensation, financial or otherwise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.