Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do any iWork bundles support screenplay/teleplay templates?

I feel like Pages used to provide templates for screenplays, plays and teleplays, but looking at it today, I don't see any. I don't want to pay a lot for Final Draft or even a little for a middle-of-the-road program. Really, what I need are the quick indentations that come with these programs. I don't mind doing a lot of extra typing myself. Different indentations for action and dialogue and character, etc. would make my life a lot easier.

There are a few iWork bundles out there, but none of them specify exactly what templates come with their bundles. Does anyone know? Is there a place online where people share such templates? User-submitted templates? As it stands, it's a lot of work to format a regular doc this way, and it's a lot of money to have all the bells and whistles. I'm stuck in the middle here.

Many thanks in advance everyone.

MacBook (13-inch), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 3:42 PM

8 replies

Feb 21, 2014 4:37 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

That doesn't answer my question. I see that you're in Pages '09, but there are various versions. (For example, I have version 5.1.) What I am trying to say is that with the last update, I think I lost templates. I realize the solution is not going to come within Pages, hence my question.

Does anyone know about the iWork bundles you can purchase as add-ons? I'm wondering if any of them have screenplay or teleplay or stage play templates? None of the developers have been very helpful with providing the info.

Feb 21, 2014 4:54 PM in response to batmanbeyonce

Your question is:

"Do any iWork bundles support screenplay/teleplay templates?"

Yes. Pages '09 does. Pages 5 does not.

Have you read the Pages 5 reviews in the App Store?

Outlining has been removed for one.

You need to get up to date with what has happened. Pages 5 is a massive downgrade.

The developers, like us, may have given up on Pages 5. Other than minor tweaks of old templates any work on Pages 5 content will be wasted. Pages 5/5.01 can't even open Pages 5.1 files.

Peter

Do any iWork bundles support screenplay/teleplay templates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.