Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i don't have the email address anymore that is linked to icloud and imessage therefore cannot reset password to view new terms and agreements in order to use ipad

I don't have the email address anymore that is linked to icloud and imessage and don't know the password. I can't get beyond the request to enter password associated with that id for icloud and imessage to use my ipad mini.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2017 12:47 PM

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

7 replies

Feb 21, 2014 6:06 PM in response to tbird6

If your iPad is signed into an old iCloud account ("email address") and is prompting you for the password for it, you change the account to your current ID. To change the iCloud ID you have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password for the old ID when prompted, then sign back in with the ID you wish to use. If you don't know the password for your old ID, or if it isn't accepted, go to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

i don't have the email address anymore that is linked to icloud and imessage therefore cannot reset password to view new terms and agreements in order to use ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.