Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my maps app has suddenly gone BLANK, no longer displays anything but a creamy brown background and a blue dot, I've see other issues on other devices also, but not a single response from apple explaining how to resolve it. Anyone else?

Before I left for Thailand, I didn't have a single problem with my maps app, however on return, I've found that it no longer displays anything in the main map screen, hybrid and sattelite still show something (but aren't accurate), but in maps itself, all there is is a blank screen. This not only affects maps, but all my other programs that are obviously linked somehow to apple maps are now doing the same thing... Nike Running, iSmoothRun, Argus, all now show my route, but it's overlaid over a BLANK map area.

Anyone see this? and know how to fix it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 7:36 PM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2014 8:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I've done soft and hard resets, power off resets, I've deleted the three apps that are associated with maps and reinstalled them, the only thing I haven't done is a full restore, which from other peoples experiences I've see hasn't fixed the issue. So, I've avoided that because I don't want the 7.0.5 update (my 5S is a China coded model)

my maps app has suddenly gone BLANK, no longer displays anything but a creamy brown background and a blue dot, I've see other issues on other devices also, but not a single response from apple explaining how to resolve it. Anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.