Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac

Hi, I've recently purchased Parallels 9 for Mac to run a number of design programs that I need for uni that are only available on Windows OS. I understand that in order to use Parallels I need to purchase Windows 7 or another Windows program (if anyone has tips on which one please do tell) - I was wondering whether I need to buy Windows for Mac still or just regular Windows for PC? Please note that I am not talking about installing Office as I already have Office on another Mac and don't need to install on this one I will be using for these windows programs. I hope this makes some sense, thanks for the help in advance

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 8:55 PM

There is no Windows for Mac. Windows is Windows regardless where it is being installed. Look at your program and then buy and install the Windows version that your program requires.

2 replies

Help with Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.