3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2015 5:55 AM by ACmusic2000
ameliafromkellyville Level 1 Level 1

This problem happens with Apple Mail, when I click the paperclip icon - the subdirectory appears but I cannot open any folders. I also cannot adjust the view (list, icons, etc). I can attach entire folders, but that's not what I want to do (I want to attach individual files). I know I can drag and drop files, but that's not how I like to work. Furthermore, I also have this problem when using web-based email providers (hotmail, gmail) AND when trying to send files through Facebook's messaging system. The drag-and-drop option does not apply here.

This has been happening for the past couple of days.

I know I'm not the first person to have encountered this problem - a number of users have reported the same issue. But so far, I haven't come across any fixes. Any help would be appreciated.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • rjf50 Level 1 Level 1

I have this problem too and/but only recently. Really annoying. Someone suggested reinstalling Mac OS (10.7.5)

- oh joy; can't even remember how to do that & as if I have nothing better to do. 

• rcloud Level 1 Level 1

I had same problem and fixed by going to Menu/System Preference/accessibility - make sure  'double click speed' is not in FAST. If so drag it to the middle on the bar. If fixes Double click and also fixes attaching files in email by double clicking and open the folder. 

• ACmusic2000 Level 1 Level 1

So, you've got an email ready to send, and you click "attach".  Then this little "Choose File" window pops up.  The solution is to make sure that in the "Choose File" window, the last of that group of four icons toward the top of the page is not selected.  Click on say the third from the left, and you can attach files, not just folders.