Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Sharing Issue 10.7.5 to 10.9.1

I have a '06 Mac Pro running 10.7.5; and I have 2 laptops running 10.9.1. For some reason my file sharing does not work from my Mac Pro; before the upgrade even with Mountain Lion I I was able to connect to my Mac Pro. Now since upgrading to Mavericks I can no longer connect to my Mac Pro. All computers can see each other on the network; however the only one that cannot be connected to is my Mac Pro.

When I click on the Mac Pro on my laptop I immediately get "Connection Failed"; when I click "Connect As" I do not get a popup to insert login info, instead I get a box that reads "There is a poblem connecting to the server. Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your system administrator." This error happen on both my laptops a 2013 Mac Air and a '07 Macbook Pro; however the Macbook actually brings up the user input box but eventually gives the same error.

The insteresting thing is in an attempt to resolve I tried to turn File Sharing on a off on my Mac Pro; however I cannot uncheck file sharing. All other options check and uncheck successfully however File Sharing darkens when I click it, the computer hangs for a few minutes and then goes back to normal checked instead of unchecked.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreiated.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 11:09 PM

1 reply

File Sharing Issue 10.7.5 to 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.