Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash player pop up?

2 weeks into my first iMac and this morning i power up and Im greated with a pop up asking me to install Flash player!

I have already installed flash player from the Adobe site however im unsure on how to verify this pop up, its placed an icon on my desktop with ehat looks like an official flash player symbol in the form of a hard drive!

do i or dont I ?

rgds Lee.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 1st mac, and its a beauty!

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 1:17 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2014 4:30 AM in response to Lee Tubb

1. System Preferences > Flash Player > Advanced > Delete All

Press the "Delete All" button

Install Adobe Flash Player.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Follow the prompts.

Quit Safari.

Restart computer. Relaunch Safari.

2. Allow Plug-ins

Safari > Preferences > Security

Internet Plug-ins > "Allow plug-ins"

Enable it.

Press " Manage Website Settings" button for more options.

Feb 22, 2014 4:36 AM in response to dominic23

Ok thanks for the help, but I'm wondering if what has happened is a official plug-in!

I've been exposed to the workings of PCs for so many years I'm not certain as to the ways of the mac yet!

I did look at the info but all it txt me was a date and that it was flash player!

But I guess if I follow your instruction it will make for certain!

Is there no way of clarifying the download?

And how did it automatically appear on my desktop?

Thanks, Lee.

Feb 22, 2014 5:05 AM in response to dominic23

Ok understood, but if that's the case this could be a legitimate install as it wasn't blocked and asked me to install the download presenting a very genuine looking icon like a external hard drive on my desktop which although I didn't say yes to the install, the icon is still there!

But there was definitely no blocking or warning of risk ect-

Rgds Lee.

Flash player pop up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.