Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Software Language Switch?

Hello guys;

I am using iMovie v10.0.2 on Mac OS Mavericks v10.9.1 My Mac Os Language is Turkish and when I open any Apple software, they are coming to screen as Turkish (same with my OS language). But I want to use the software as English because my projects are usually English and if I use Turkish on the softwares, the templates, types.... all the things are coming as Turkish. When I change the OS language to English, all the Apple softwares are also changing as English.

How can I use the both language at same time. So, Turkish for my OS, and English for my Apple softwares?

Thanks very much...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), i7 4850HQ, 16GB RAM, Geforce 750M

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 2:50 AM

this free tool

http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/

allows to open an app in a different language then the OS

5 replies

Feb 22, 2014 2:58 AM in response to ledstixx

well, probably there's some 'weird key acrobatics' optional via Terminal 😉 , but 'hacking' a liviing system .. LanguageSwitcher is rock solid, I'm using it frequently (to post English screenshots here from my German set-up) ...

and:

no need for any 'set back', the switch is just once; on next launch of iMovie, it is automatically back in your OS' language ...

iMovie Software Language Switch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.