Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing changes on iPhoto for iOS

What I'm supposed to do with iPhoto for iOS if it doesn't sync all my edits on pictures to my Mac's iPhoto?

I have selected Photo syncing from iPhoto on iTunes, so all my photos show in iPhoto iOS. Making changes to photos on iOS version is so much easier than on Mac's version, so I was editing photos on my iPad. Now my photos are OK, but I can't get those changes to Mac's iPhoto.

At the moment, iPhoto works just like Photos app, without any better features. And beside that, photos app shows all my photos twice because of Photo stream and Photo syncing.

So what I'm supposed to do with my iPhoto on iPad??

iOS is current and both iPhotos are currents.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 2:37 AM

I have selected Photo syncing from iPhoto on iTunes, so all my photos show in iPhoto iOS. Making changes to photos on iOS version is so much easier than on Mac's version, so I was editing photos on my iPad. Now my photos are OK, but I can't get those changes to Mac's iPhoto.

To get the edited versions back to your Mac, you have to share the photo. Save it to your Camera roll, then ithe edited version will appear in the Photo Stream or you can transfer it when connecting the iPad by USB.

See: http://help.apple.com/iphoto/ipad/2.0/#blnkee26bc1f

To save a photo to the Camera Roll:

Save photos to the Camera Roll on your iOS device

• Tap a photo, album, or event and tap the share button > Camera Roll.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to save:
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap up to 100 photos, and tap Next.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
  • Tap Done.
  • To use your photo in another app, open the app and select the Camera Roll album.

And beside that, photos app shows all my photos twice because of Photo stream and Photo syncing.
  • The photos in Photos Stream, are what you can download to your device, but they are transient and not saved to your device. You need to save them, if you want to keep them.
  • The synced photos are only on your device, until you sync again. The next sync may erase them, if you do not save the photos to the camera roll. Edited photo will be saved. You'll find them in the "Edited" album: See this link: What are albums?

IPhoto does not actually create duplicates on your device. It will collect and present the photos stored in other apps and group them in albums. Even if you see the the same photo in different albums, it usually will not be a duplicate.

See: Ways to import photos

All of the photos and video clips in the Photos app on your device automatically appear in iPhoto. You can also import photos into iPhoto from other devices and computers, other apps on the same device, or a digital camera (if you're using iPad).

--Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2014 2:37 AM in response to Jaska121

To get the edited versions back to your Mac, you have to share the photo. Save it to your Camera roll, then ithe edited version will appear in the Photo Stream or you can transfer it when connecting the iPad by USB.

See: http://help.apple.com/iphoto/ipad/2.0/#blnkee26bc1f

To save a photo to the Camera Roll:

Save photos to the Camera Roll on your iOS device

• Tap a photo, album, or event and tap the share button > Camera Roll.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to save:
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap up to 100 photos, and tap Next.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
  • Tap Done.
  • To use your photo in another app, open the app and select the Camera Roll album.

And beside that, photos app shows all my photos twice because of Photo stream and Photo syncing.
  • The photos in Photos Stream, are what you can download to your device, but they are transient and not saved to your device. You need to save them, if you want to keep them.
  • The synced photos are only on your device, until you sync again. The next sync may erase them, if you do not save the photos to the camera roll. Edited photo will be saved. You'll find them in the "Edited" album: See this link: What are albums?

IPhoto does not actually create duplicates on your device. It will collect and present the photos stored in other apps and group them in albums. Even if you see the the same photo in different albums, it usually will not be a duplicate.

See: Ways to import photos

All of the photos and video clips in the Photos app on your device automatically appear in iPhoto. You can also import photos into iPhoto from other devices and computers, other apps on the same device, or a digital camera (if you're using iPad).

--Léonie

Syncing changes on iPhoto for iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.