Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes.

This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes. After switching to 32 bit mode get the following error "iTunes requires 64-bit mode." Still unable to view movies with iTunes. Any suggestions?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), iTunes 11.1.4 Quicktime

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 3:03 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2014 5:24 AM in response to jbrads2009

I have the same problem, unable to view podcast videos. I am using Lion in 64-bit on 17-inch, Late 2011 MacBook Pro . Unable to start in 32-bit.

When I get the message "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes.", iTunes says that it is Not Responding, but the Activity Monitor shows that there is some CPU utilization. After about 3 minutes, the podcast starts playing, but only the audio plays but no video.

(I double checked and found that the podcast that produced the message, didn't play, but another one. So it doesn't show any video podcasts).

Has anyone any ideas?

Message was edited by: txtornados

Jun 22, 2014 12:00 PM in response to jbrads2009

same problem here - have all the latest MacOSX software, including Mavericks and everything that comes with it, and Software Update shows "No Updates Available" but I can't play podcasts without getting this error message:

User uploaded file

Hopefully, someone at Apple will read all these posts about this problem and come up with a fix ASAP! Until then, any advice on how I can watch my podcasts without trying to put iTunes into 32-bit mode (which has been suggested in other posts on this problem) or deleting, then reinstalling all podcast episodes?

Thanks.

This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.