Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change highlight color in Pages for iPad?

Is there any way to do this? I know i can highlight selected text, but there is no option for choosing the color. It's always yellow and I would really like to highlight my text with many different colors.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2016 1:12 PM

My highlighter color in Pages on my iPad Mini used to be yellow. Then some months ago, it changed so that for new documents, the highlight color is violet, which is too dark for me. Fortunately, I still have older documents with the yellow highlight color. So, I make a copy of one of these documents and then select and delete all the text inside the copied document ("Select All" then backspace). Though all the text is gone, the document 'remembers' the original highlight color, yellow. When I then use that document for my new content, the highlights are in yellow, not violet. Magic!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2016 1:12 PM in response to ocenvo

My highlighter color in Pages on my iPad Mini used to be yellow. Then some months ago, it changed so that for new documents, the highlight color is violet, which is too dark for me. Fortunately, I still have older documents with the yellow highlight color. So, I make a copy of one of these documents and then select and delete all the text inside the copied document ("Select All" then backspace). Though all the text is gone, the document 'remembers' the original highlight color, yellow. When I then use that document for my new content, the highlights are in yellow, not violet. Magic!

Feb 22, 2014 12:48 PM in response to ocenvo

It looks like the Highlight (background) color can only be yellow.

The best work around I can find is to change the text color itself which may work like a highlight of the text (like red, green or blue) which makes it stand out. Maybe that will help?

Format Inspector (the brush) > Style > Touch the Size and Font item > Color > swipe to see options.

Note even there you can't go beyond predefined colors but you can make text stand out.

ivan

Mar 21, 2014 11:36 AM in response to ocenvo

I'm still trying to figure out how to change the color on my iPad 3, iOS 7.1, and the latest pages. In fact, my highlight used to be yellow, now they are green and I can find now way to change! Reselecting highlighted text has a style option but only to copy the style not a way to change anything. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How to change highlight color in Pages for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.