Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wont come out of restore mode?

While downloading ther latest update my ipod suddenly went to a black screen with a usb pointing towards an itunes symbol and is stuck in recovery mode. Ive had advice from the online helpers on the Apple website and they recomended uninstalling itunes and redownloading it again, turning off anti virus software. Both didnt work so he said its best to come into a local apple store to fix the problem. They gave me a new one as they said it was taking way too long to restore on their laptops. As soon as i got home and connected it to itunes, the same thing happend again :s. I went back into the Apple storte and he managed to restore it perfectly fine. This time it lasted me about 2 months and had no problems when conecting to itunes. I connected it to itunes today and the same thing has happend, with it being stuck in restore mode. How can i fix this problem myself at home rather then going 30 miles to get to my nearest Apple store!??!!

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 3:55 AM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2014 9:17 AM in response to aidan750

Likeily now due to a problem with the last iTunes update.

See

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

wont come out of restore mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.