Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Limit reached

Hey guys,

I'm really sad about what happened. First: before I bought iTunes Match i asked an Apple employer some questions about it. One of this was "Does the songs that are Match count to the 25.000 songs I can upload or not". His answer were that those songs don't count to the 25.000!!!

Wonder what happened, I reached the limit of 25.000 songs without having 25.000 songs uploaded. At least more than the half of my 26.000 song big libary were matched by iTunes Match!

Now my question: do the songs matched by iTunes Match count to the 25.000 songs limit too?!...If yes, I'd be really sad and would there be a possibilty to go on with iTunes Match even if i reach the 25.000 songs limit?

Thanks for your usefull answers.

Kinda regards.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 6:23 AM

Hi,

Matched tracks count toward the 25k limit. Only songs purchased from Itunes store do not count.

I have a large library and have all my music in the library. I have a large number of tracks with iCloud status shown as "removed"

I achieved this by creating a second blank library - I signed into match and was able to view all tracks in iTunes Match. I then deleted some tracks from this library - effectively deleting tracks in the cloud.

When I went back into my original library, those tracks iCloud Status were shown as "removed". iTunes Match will now ignore those tracks. You can now add new tracks provided you kept matched and uploaded less than 25k.

Jim

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Eimer92

Hi,

Matched tracks count toward the 25k limit. Only songs purchased from Itunes store do not count.

I have a large library and have all my music in the library. I have a large number of tracks with iCloud status shown as "removed"

I achieved this by creating a second blank library - I signed into match and was able to view all tracks in iTunes Match. I then deleted some tracks from this library - effectively deleting tracks in the cloud.

When I went back into my original library, those tracks iCloud Status were shown as "removed". iTunes Match will now ignore those tracks. You can now add new tracks provided you kept matched and uploaded less than 25k.

Jim

Feb 22, 2014 6:27 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim,

thanks for that fast answer!

That isn't the answer i want to hear( 😉 ) but at least it seems to be a good solution to solve the problem with large libarys. I'd be happy if you could explain me the "1. step" a bit more detailed (

I achieved this by creating a second blank library - I signed into match and was able to view all tracks in iTunes Match. I then deleted some tracks from this library - effectively deleting tracks in the cloud)

Kinda regards,

Dominik

Feb 22, 2014 6:35 AM in response to Eimer92

Hi,

Close itunes. Hold option key when reopening itunes and select create new library from pop up http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1589. You will have a blank library. Turn on Match and select add this computer. You will now see all your music that is in the cloud.

Select the tracks you want to remove from cloud and delete. A message will tell you that the tracks will be remove from cloud. This does not delete the track from your hard drive. When you go back to your main library the Icloud status will now be "Removed" To see icloud Status, go to menu > view . view options and tick box.

Jim

Apr 20, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim great solution, cheers! 🙂

always knew I'd max it out, just didn't realise it would be so soon!

Now I can pull all the drivel that was uploaded from an eclectic library built over the years, and make some space for songs I actually like listening to on all devices 😎

My iMac based iTunes library will always be the golden master, so I can still play anything I have...

THANX again!

May 15, 2015 12:00 PM in response to Eimer92

I wasn't comfortable with the multiple library solution .

I paid the $25 to Amazon to use their Cloud/Match system.

Now when I download new music (and iTunes says I've reached the 25K limit)

I simply use the Amazon Music Importer to put the music in the amazon cloud.

From there I can download or listen to the new music on any device.

This keeps all my music in the same library.

iTunes Match Limit reached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.