Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

j've successfully placed my iPod classic 120 GB into disk mode withe the message "Do not disconnect" ,what to do next?

j've successfully placed my iPod classic 120 GB into disk mode withe the message "Do not disconnect" ,what to do next?

iPod classic, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 7:41 AM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Aquatarian

Hey there Aquatarian,

It sounds like you have put your iPod Classic into disk mode and now the iPod screen shows Do Not Disconnect. This is normal, and you will see it until you eject the device as outlined in the following article:

About the Do not disconnect and OK to disconnect screens for iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA44686

The first screen appears when you connect iPod to the computer.

User uploaded file

"Do not disconnect" screen.

As long as iPod is connected to the computer, and you have not ejected it from the Finder or iTunes, the "Do not disconnect" screen appears.

To disconnect iPod from your computer, you must first eject it. Follow the instructions in "Disconnecting iPod from your computer". Once you have ejected iPod, the second disconnect screen appears.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.