Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 iCloud lacking easy security feature for families.

Apple missed the mark when designing the new iCloud services within iOS 7. We are a family with serveral iDevices 3 iPads and 4 iPhones and an iPod Touch. For us that is a signifcant investment in Apple products. For a family on the go we now have to use a verbal checklist each time we come and go from some location to ensure that everyone has remember to leave or return with their iOS products. The fact that a secondary iCloud account can be added to a iOS device is great but it's missing one key feature. Find My iPad, Find My iPhone is not an option within the secondary iCloud accounts added to a device. I think this was short sighted on Apple's part and didn't take into account families with multiple devices. Previously I could add my account to my spouses and children's devices just for the purpose of activating the Find My "Device" feature. This was a great feature because when a device was lost any one in the family could quickly access the feature and find the location of the lost device. In today's society finding the device quickly is the difference between recovering the device and losing it. Now when a device is lost or misplaced we have to log out of our own iCloud Master account and login with the master account of the lost account or get to a computer quickly so we can do it online. This also means we have to each keep track of everyone's individual passwords just in case. It would have been much easier for us the consumer to simple add a parent's account to each device as the secondary iCloud account and only activate the Find my iDevice feature. I hope that Apple considers adding this to future releases of the iOS.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 7:32 AM

There are no replies.

iOS7 iCloud lacking easy security feature for families.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.